Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma
by Randy C. Perry and David W. Bacon
To remain competitive, companies must become more effective at identifying, developing and commercializing new products and services. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) is the most powerful approach available for achieving these goals. Now, for the first time, there’s a comprehensive, hands-on guide to utilizing DFSS in real-world product development.
Using a start-to-finish case study, a practical roadmap and easy templates, this book shows how to optimize every stage of product commercialization. Drawing on 65 years of product experience, the authors show how to make better product and portfolio decisions; develop better business cases and benefit assessments; create better concepts and designs; scale up manufacturing more effectively; and execute better launches.
Learn how to:
- Establish infrastructure to support successful commercialization
- Use Stage Gate® processes to minimize risk and optimize the use of people and resources
- Create better plans: Segment markets, define product value, estimate financial value and position new products for success
- Capture the “voice of the customer”, analyze it and use it to drive development
- Choose the right tools: Ideation, Pugh Concept Selection, QFD, TRIZ and much more
- Develop better products and processes: process maps, cause and effects matrices, failure modes, effect analysis, statistical and data analysis tools and more
- Test and improve product performance and reliability
- Perform post-mortems and apply what you’ve learned to your next project
Whether you’re an executive, engineer, designer, marketer or quality professional, Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma will help you identify more valuable product concepts and translate them into high-impact revenue sources.
The series includes two Short Cuts, also authored by Perry and Bacon. Short Cuts are short, concise, PDF documents designed specifically for busy technical professionals. The Short Cut titles are: Statistical Tolerancing in Design for Six Sigma (Digital Short Cut), August 2006 and The Business Case for Design for Six Sigma (Digital Short Cut), September, 2006.
Buy Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma:
Please email to [email protected] or call at 25812209 to place an order.
Other books by SBTI: